What do we want? TICKETS! When do want ‘em? NOW!
Over 100,000 people got out to see comedy in 2011 – that’s a lot of people keen for those front row seats!! Book your tickets in advance to avoid disappointment and be sure to check the individual show listing for the relevant ticketing agent.
HOW DO I BUY TICKETS?
Buying online is the most cost-effective way to purchase tickets with transaction fees starting as low as $5 per transaction!
Check out the shows listings, then click on the BOOK TICKETS link and we'll send you to the appropriate ticketing agency for that show.
Refer to ticketing agent details below, or check the individual shows listings for the correct phone number.
Tickets can be pre-purchased at a variety of agency outlets; or you can try your luck on the night and purchase tickets at the venue.
Doorsales may be available at venues prior to the show starting. But we
recommend you check with the ticketing agent first before
heading off into the night. Remember – if you think it looks like a
good show, so will others – so get in quick!
Please note that ticketing fees will also apply to doorsales, so it's best to book your tickets online ahead of time!
There are a bunch of different ticketing agents selling tickets to NZ International Comedy Festival shows. Check individual show listings for the relevant ticketing agent…
PHONE: 0800 TICKETEK (0800 842 5385)
- Real Groovy, 438 Queen Street. Open Mon-Sun, 9am-7pm.
- SKYCITY Theatre, Cnr Wellesley & Hobson Street. open Mon-Sat, 10am-5pm.
- New World Victoria Park (Lotto Counter), 2 College Hill, Freemans Bay. Open Mon-Sun, 9am-7pm
- Michael Fowler Centre, 111 Wakefield Street. Open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm & Sat-Sun, 10am-4pm.
- Westpac St James Theatre, 77 – 87 Courtenay Place. Open Mon-Fri, 9am-5.30pm & Sat 10am-2pm.
THE EDGE TICKETING (Auckland only)
0800 BUY TICKETS (0800 289 842)
- BOX cafe and bar, Level 3, Aotea Centre
- Open Mon-Fri, 9am-5.30pm & Sat-Sun, 10am-4pm
- Venue box offices are open 90 minutes prior to show start tim.
Q TICKETING (Auckland only)
09 309 9771
- 305 Queen Street
- Open Mon-Sat, from 10am
- Venue box office open 30 minutes prior to show start time.
The following venues manage ticket sales independently – check the show listings for booking info:
AUCKLAND INDEPENDENT VENUES:
- Bruce Mason Centre
- Musgrove Studio, Maidment Theatre
- TelstraClear Pacific Events Centre
- The Drake
WELLINGTON INDEPENDENT VENUES:
- BATS Theatre
- Circa Theatre
- Tarua Tramping Club
- Service, credit card, booking or transaction fees may apply to the purchase of tickets.
- Ticket prices include GST.
- All sales are final and there are no refunds or exchanges, except as required by law.
- General Admission events do not have allocated seating, so first-in gets the choice of seats.
- Some venues are licensed premises, and therefore age restrictions apply. Licensed
venues retain the right to refuse entry or to eject intoxicated
persons. Have a good time, but help us make sure everyone enjoys the
- Some shows may contain adult themes and/or colourful language. If you are unsure, please contact the Comedy Festival office on 09 309 9241 or email@example.com for advice.
- Consideration of performers and other audience members is paramount; latecomers may not be admitted to the venue; cell phones and pagers are not permitted; and intoxicated and/or disruptive audience members may be asked to leave.
- The use of cameras and other recording devices are not permitted
- For any other questions contact the NZ International Comedy Festival on 09 309 9241or firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking in the city can be problematic, so give yourself plenty if time.
In Auckland park at Wilson Parking's Wakefield Street carpark for only $5.
In Wellington park at Wilson Parking's Cuba Street carpark for only $5.
For details call 0800 4 PARKING.
Refer to individual show listings for ticket prices, or check out the Specials page.
Most shows offer great concession rates for students, beneficiaries, and senior citizens (60+). Don’t forget your ID when booking in person or picking up tickets! And please don’t be offended if the concession is denied without the appropriate ID.
Keen to save some cash? Get together a group of mates and save some bucks! Most shows offer a discount for groups,and you save on ticketing fees when you buy in bulk. So get organising that big night out for your friends or the office and have a giggle. Check the individual programme listings as group numbers vary depending on the show.
SPECIAL DEALS & 2 FOR 1'S
2 For 1 Specials have moved online. Keep checking back for sweet deals!