What do we want? TICKETS! When do want ‘em? NOW!
Over 100,000 people got out to see comedy in 2013 – that’s a lot of people keen for those front row seats!! Book your tickets in advance to avoid disappointment and be sure to check the individual show listing for the relevant ticketing agent.
Please note that service, credit card, booking or transaction fees may apply to the purchase of tickets.
HOW DO I BUY TICKETS?
Buying online is the most cost-effective way to purchase tickets with transaction fees starting as low as $5.25 per transaction!
Check out the shows listings, then click on the BOOK TICKETS link and we'll send you to the appropriate ticketing agency for that show.
Refer to ticketing agent details below, or check the individual shows listings for the correct phone number.
Skip the queue and get tickets direct to your mobile through our new Festival mobile website at comedyfestival.co.nz. You can now purchase tickets on your phone through Ticketek's mobile site or Ticketmaster's mobile site.
Or download the 'Ticketek NZ' app or Ticketmaster app.
Don't forget to have your ticket loaded and ready for scanning before you arrive at the show!
Tickets can be pre-purchased at a variety of agency outlets and box offices - check the show listings for details. Or you can try your luck on the night and purchase tickets at the venue.
Doorsales may be available at venues prior to the show starting. But we
recommend you check with the ticketing agent first before
heading off into the night. Remember – if you think it looks like a
good show, so will others – so get in quick!
Please note that ticketing fees will also apply to doorsales, so it's best to book your tickets online ahead of time!
There are a bunch of different ticketing agents selling tickets to NZ International Comedy Festival shows. Check the individual show listings for the relevant ticketing agent.
In Auckland, Ticketek manages all ticket sales for The Basement, The Basement Studio, Hawkins Theatre, SKYCITY Theatre and pre-sale tickets for The Classic, The Classic Studio, and Rangatira, Loft, Luna & Vault at Q Theatre.
In Wellington, Ticketek manages all ticket sales for The Opera House, San Fran, The Fringe Bar, Cavern Club, Foxglove Ballroom and Hannah Playhouse.
PHONE: 0800 TICKETEK (0800 842 5385)
- Real Groovy, 438 Queen Street. Open Mon-Sun, 9am-7pm.
- SKYCITY Theatre, Cnr Wellesley & Hobson Streets. Open Mon-Sat, 10am-5pm.
- New World Victoria Park (Lotto Counter), 2 College Hill, Freemans Bay. Open Mon-Sun, 9am-7pm
- Michael Fowler Centre, 111 Wakefield Street. Open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm & Sat-Sun, 10am-4pm.
- St James Theatre, 77 – 87 Courtenay Place. Open Mon-Fri, 9am-5.30pm & Sat 10am-2pm.
Please note - for performances at The Opera House, the listed ticket price will incur an additional $1.50 Performing Arts Foundation Levy, which will be added on at the Ticketek purchase page.
Ticketmaster manages ticket sales for all Regional Facilities Auckland venues (ASB Theatre, Comedy Chamber at the Auckland Town Hall, The Civic, The Herald Theatre, and the Bruce Mason Centre).
09 970 9700
- BOX cafe and bar, Level 3, Aotea Centre. Open Mon-Fri, 9am-5.30pm & Sat-Sun, 10am-4pm
- Bruce Mason Centre, Cnr Hurstmere Rd & The Promenade, Takapuna. Open Mon - Fri, 9am-5pm
- Venue box offices are open 1 hour prior to show start time.
Q THEATRE TICKETING (Auckland only)
Q Theatre manages ticket sakes for all their venues ( Rangatira, Loft, Luna and Vault).
09 309 9771
- 305 Queen Street. Open Mon-Fri, 10am-6pm, Sat 10am - 30 mins after the start of the last show and Sun opens 2 hours prior to the show.
The following venues manage ticket sales independently – check the show listings for booking info:
AUCKLAND INDEPENDENT VENUES:
- Musgrove Studio, Maidment Theatre
- Vodafone Events Centre
WELLINGTON INDEPENDENT VENUES:
- BATS Theatre
- Circa Theatre
- Ticket prices include GST.
- All sales are final and there are no refunds or exchanges, except as required by law.
- Service, credit card, booking or transaction fees may apply to the purchase of tickets.
- General Admission events do not have allocated seating, so first-in on the night gets the choice of seats.
- Some venues are licensed premises, and therefore age restrictions apply. Licensed premises retain the right to refuse entry and/or to eject intoxicated
persons. Have a good time, but help us make sure everyone enjoys the
- Some shows may contain adult themes and/or colourful language. If you are unsure, please contact the Comedy Festival office on 09 309 9241 or email@example.com for advice.
- Consideration of performers and other audience members is paramount; latecomers may not be admitted to the venue; mobile phones must be put on silent; and intoxicated and/or disruptive audience members may be asked to leave.
- The use of cameras and other recording devices are not permitted
- Refer to the individual ticketing agents for their respective terms and conditions.
- For any other questions contact the NZ International Comedy Festival on 09 309 9241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget there are loads of fantastic dining options available in the city too, check out our Dining and Drinking Guide.
SPECIAL DEALS & 2 FOR 1'S
2 For 1 Specials are online again for 2014. Sign up to our newsletter and we’ll send them straight to your inbox.
Most shows offer great concession rates for students, beneficiaries, and senior citizens (65+). Don’t forget your ID when booking in person or picking up tickets! And please don’t be offended if the concession is denied without the appropriate ID.
Keen to save some cash? Get together a group of mates and save some bucks! Most shows offer a discount for groups, and you save on ticketing fees when you buy in bulk. So get organising that big night out for your friends or the office and have a giggle. Check the individual show listings as group numbers vary depending on the show.