SIGN LANGUAGE WEEK
During NZ Sign Language Week
(13-19 May), the NZ International Comedy Festival will be offering a
range of Deaf Friendly comedy shows featuring an interpreter on stage.
The show will be interpreted into New Zealand Sign Language by a
qualified iSign NZSL Interpreter and may also contain other humorous
visual clues. More details will be posted on our website in March.
What do we want? TICKETS! When do want ‘em? NOW!
Over 100,000 people got out to see comedy in 2012 – that’s a lot of people keen for those front row seats!! Book your tickets in advance to avoid disappointment and be sure to check the individual show listing for the relevant ticketing agent.
HOW DO I BUY TICKETS?
Buying online is the most cost-effective way to purchase tickets with transaction fees starting as low as $5 per transaction!
Check out the shows listings, then click on the BOOK TICKETS link and we'll send you to the appropriate ticketing agency for that show.
Refer to ticketing agent details below, or check the individual shows listings for the correct phone number.
Skip the queue and get tickets direct to your mobile. You can now purchase tickets on your phone through Ticketek's mobile site or THE EDGE Ticketing’s mobile site.
You can also download the new 'Ticketek NZ' iPhone app or THE EDGE Ticketing's 'BUY TICKETS' app for iPhone or Android.
Tickets can be pre-purchased at a variety of agency outlets and box offices - check the show listings for details. Or you can try your luck on the night and purchase tickets at the venue.
Doorsales may be available at venues prior to the show starting. But we
recommend you check with the ticketing agent first before
heading off into the night. Remember – if you think it looks like a
good show, so will others – so get in quick!
Please note that ticketing fees will also apply to doorsales, so it's best to book your tickets online ahead of time!
There are a bunch of different ticketing agents selling tickets to NZ International Comedy Festival shows. Check the individual show listings for the relevant ticketing agent.
In Auckland, Ticketek manages all ticket sales for The Basement, The Basement Studio, Brooklyn Bar & Lounge, Hawkins Theatre, SKYCITY Theatre and pre-sale tickets for The Classic, The Classic Studio, The Donner House and Rangatira, Loft & Vault at Q Theatre.
In Wellington, Ticketek manages all ticket sales for The Opera House, San Francisco Bathhouse, The Fringe Bar, Cavern Club, Foxglove Ballroom and pre-sale tickets for Downstage Theatre.
PHONE: 0800 TICKETEK (0800 842 5385)
- Real Groovy, 438 Queen Street. Open Mon-Sun, 9am-7pm.
- SKYCITY Theatre, Cnr Wellesley & Hobson Streets. Open Mon-Sat, 10am-5pm.
- New World Victoria Park (Lotto Counter), 2 College Hill, Freemans Bay. Open Mon-Sun, 9am-7pm
- Michael Fowler Centre, 111 Wakefield Street. Open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm & Sat-Sun, 10am-4pm.
- St James Theatre, 77 – 87 Courtenay Place. Open Mon-Fri, 9am-5.30pm & Sat 10am-2pm.
Please note - for performances at The Opera House, the listed ticket price will incur an additional $1.50 Performing Arts Foundation Levy, which will be added on at the Ticketek purchase page.
THE EDGE TICKETING (Auckland only)
Manages ticket sales for ASB Theatre, Comedy Chamber, The Civic and The Herald Theatre.
0800 BUY TICKETS (0800 289 842)
- BOX cafe and bar, Level 3, Aotea Centre
- Open Mon-Fri, 9am-5.30pm & Sat-Sun, 10am-4pm
- Venue box offices are open 90 minutes prior to show start time.
Q THEATRE TICKETING (Auckland only)
Manages ticket sakes for Rangatira, Loft and Vault
09 309 9771
- 305 Queen Street. Open Mon-Sat, 10am-5pm
- Venue box office open 90 minutes prior to show start time.
DOWNSTAGE THEATRE (Wellington only)
Manages ticket sales for shows at their venue.
04 801 6946
- 12 Cambridge Terrace. Open Tues-Sat, 12pm-5pm
- Venue box office open 3 hours prior to show start time (2 hours on Sundays).
The following venues manage ticket sales independently – check the show listings for booking info:
AUCKLAND INDEPENDENT VENUES:
- Bruce Mason Centre
- Musgrove Studio, Maidment Theatre
- TelstraClear Pacific Events Centre
WELLINGTON INDEPENDENT VENUES:
- BATS Theatre
- Circa Theatre
- Ticket prices include GST.
- All sales are final and there are no refunds or exchanges, except as required by law.
- Service, credit card, booking or transaction fees may apply to the purchase of tickets.
- General Admission events do not have allocated seating, so first-in on the night gets the choice of seats.
- Some venues are licensed premises, and therefore age restrictions apply. Licensed premises retain the right to refuse entry or to eject intoxicated
persons. Have a good time, but help us make sure everyone enjoys the
- Some shows may contain adult themes and/or colourful language. If you are unsure, please contact the Comedy Festival office on 09 309 9241 or firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
- Consideration of performers and other audience members is paramount; latecomers may not be admitted to the venue; mobile phones must be switched off; and intoxicated and/or disruptive audience members may be asked to leave.
- The use of cameras and other recording devices are not permitted
- For any other questions contact the NZ International Comedy Festival on 09 309 9241 or email@example.com
Parking in the city can be problematic, so give yourself plenty if time. In Auckland park at Wilson Parking's Wakefield Street carpark for only $6. For details call 0800 4 PARKING.
SPECIAL DEALS & 2 FOR 1'S
2 For 1 Specials are online again for 2013. Keep checking back for sweet deals!
Most shows offer great concession rates for students, beneficiaries, and senior citizens (60+). Don’t forget your ID when booking in person or picking up tickets! And please don’t be offended if the concession is denied without the appropriate ID.
Keen to save some cash? Get together a group of mates and save some bucks! Most shows offer a discount for groups,and you save on ticketing fees when you buy in bulk. So get organising that big night out for your friends or the office and have a giggle. Check the individual programme listings as group numbers vary depending on the show.