With support from Creative New Zealand, on Thursday nights during the Comedy Festival we'll be offering a range of Deaf friendly comedy shows featuring an interpreter on stage. The show will be interpreted into New Zealand Sign Language by a qualified iSign NZSL Interpreter and may also contain other humorous visual clues.
Full details on shows available can be found below:
- Wilson Dixon, Thurs 30 April, 7.15pm, Montecristo - Upstairs
- Ben Target, Thurs 30 April, 8.45pm, The Basement Studio
- James Nokise, Thurs 7 May, 7pm, The Basement
- Steve Wrigley, Thurs 7 May, 8.45pm, Loft at Q Theatre
- Justine Smith, Thurs 14 May, 7.15pm, The Classic Studio
- Brendhan Lovegrove, Thurs 14 May, 8.45pm, Loft at Q Theatre
Steve Wrigley, Thurs 30 April, 7pm, San Fran
- Ed Byrne, Thurs 30 April, 8.30pm, Hannah Playhouse
- Neil Thornton, Thurs 7 May, 8.30pm, VK's
- Dai Henwood, Thurs 7 May, 8.30pm, San Fran
- James Nokise, Thurs 14 May, 7pm, VK's
All shows except Ed Byrne in Wellington are general admission, with non-allocated seating, so please ensure you arrive early to guarantee the best sight line of the stage.
For Ed Byrne in Wellington, when booking please note that the interpreter will be located on the left side of the stage when you are seated and looking at the stage.