We're kicking off the Comedy Fest’s calendar with one hell of a comedy showcase at Q Theatre to introduce you to this year's exceptional Billy T Award nominees.
It’ll be a night where you get a hilarious taster of the hottest up-and-coming comedians on the Kiwi scene;
- Alice Snedden – Best Newcomer nominee at Comedy Fest in 2017, SNORT improv, Boners of the Heart podcast and 7 Days
- Donna Brookbanks – Best Newcomer nominee at Comedy Fest in 2017, SNORT improv, Funny Girls
- James Malcolm – RAW winner, Billy T Nominee in 2016
- Melanie Bracewell – RAW winner, Best Newcomer winner at Comedy Fest in 2017, The Project, 7 Days
- Two Hearts (Laura Daniel & Joseph Moore) – Jono & Ben, both previous Billy T nominees, 7 Days
Hosted by Rhys Mathewson, who has taken out The Fred and the Billy T Awards. You may have recently seen him on The Project or at a wrestling match.
We also welcome a special performance by last year’s Billy T Award winner Angella Dravid.
Join us and be the first to see what this exciting new generation of brilliant comedians have got to offer.
Q Theatre is proud to support Billy T Jams, as it provides a wonderful opportunity for Aotearoa’s next generation of comedians to perform in Q’s jewel, Rangatira. Proceeds from the tickets you purchase raise funds that will go directly to the 2018 Billy T winner. Supporting this event alongside us, you’ll be directly supporting New Zealand comedy as well as having a good time.
The Billy T Award is named in honour of our 'cuz', Billy T James. The award is an initiative of the New Zealand Comedy Trust that aims to recognise and support up-and-coming NZ comedians with outstanding potential and commitment to their comedy career.
You can catch all of the Billy T Nominees' solo shows at the NZ International Comedy Festival, 26 April – 20 May.
*Special Early bird price of $19.90 available until 5pm Tuesday 5 December, or until allocation is exhausted. Get in quick!