How To Buy Tickets
What do we want? TICKETS! When do we want ‘em? NOW!
Around 90,000 people got out to see comedy in 2018 – that’s a lot of people keen for those front row seats! Book your tickets in advance to avoid disappointment and be sure to check the individual show listing for the relevant ticketing agent.
Please note that service, credit card, booking and/or transaction fees may apply to the purchase of tickets.
A NOTE FROM THE TEAM AT THE COMEDY FEST
The best place to start when looking for show tickets is always www.comedyfestival.co.nz. From here, when you click on the 'Buy Tickets' link to a show you'll be sent directly to their official ticketing agent. You’ll also be able to clearly see if a show is sold out, or if there are still tickets for sale.
Please do not purchase from unauthorised ticket resellers such as Viagogo, as these are no guarantees that these are valid tickets and and unfortunately you may not be admitted to the venue. In addition to vastly inflating ticket prices, Viagogo will frequently list shows as selling out, but for the majority of these events, tickets are usually still available through the official ticket agent at the original advertised price.
If you’ve got any queries at all regarding ticket availability, please get in touch with us for a chat at email@example.com or 09 309 9241.
Buying online is the most cost-effective way to purchase tickets, with fees starting as low as $2.00 per ticket and $5.00 per transaction. Some providers offer a 'no booking fee' option.
Check out the shows listings, then click on the BUY TICKETS link and we'll send you straight to the appropriate ticketing agency for that show!
Skip the queue and get tickets direct to your mobile. You can now purchase tickets on your phone for shows through Ticketek, Q Theatre, Ticketmaster, Eventfinda and iTICKET mobile sites and apps. No need for printing, just have your ticket loaded and ready for scanning before you arrive at the show!
OVER THE PHONE
Please refer to ticketing agent contact details below.
Tickets can be pre-purchased at a variety of agency outlets and box offices - check the individual show listings for details. Or you can try your luck on the night and purchase tickets at the venue.
Doorsales may be available at venues prior to the show starting. But we recommend you check with the ticketing agent first before heading off into the night. Remember – if you think it looks like a good show, so will others – so get in quick!
Please note that transaction fees may still apply to doorsales, so it's best to book your tickets online ahead of time, so you don't risk missing out.
There are a bunch of different ticketing agents selling tickets to NZ International Comedy Festival shows. Check the individual show listings for the relevant ticketing agent.
iTICKET manages sales for Basement Theatre and Basement Studio in Auckland, and Cavern Club, San Fran, The Fringe Bar and Te Auaha in Wellington.
PHONE: 0508 ITICKET (484 253)
AUCKLAND BOX OFFICES:
- Basement Theatre, Lower Greys Ave. Opens 1 hour before the start of the show.
- Also available from Q Theatre Box Office, 305 Queen St. Open from 10am weekdays and at least 1 hour before performances every day.
WELLINGTON BOX OFFICES:
- All Venue Box Offices open 30 minutes prior to first show until 30 minutes after commencement of final show.
- Tickets also available from Wellington i-SITE, 111 Wakefield Street, in front of the Michael Fowler Centre. Open Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5pm, Sat & Sun 9am - 5pm.
TICKETEK (AUCKLAND ONLY)
TICKETEK manages all ticket sales for SKYCITY Theatre.
PHONE: 0800 TICKETEK (0800 842 5385) or 04 384 3840 from a mobile.
AUCKLAND BOX OFFICES:
- SKYCITY Theatre, cnr Wellesley & Hobson Sts. Open 1 hour before the start of the show.
- Tickets also available from Ticketek outlets nationwide.
In Auckland, Ticketmaster manages ticket sales for all Auckland Live venues (ASB Theatre, The Civic, The Herald Theatre and Bruce Mason Centre). In Wellington, Ticketmaster manages all ticket sales for The Opera House and the Michael Fowler Centre.
PHONE: 09 970 9700 for Auckland, 0800 111 999 for Wellington.
AUCKLAND BOX OFFICES:
- Auckland Live, Aotea Centre, 50 Mayoral Drive. Open Mon - Fri, 9am - 5.30pm / Sat - Sun, 10am - 4pm and 90 minutes before the start of the show. (Currently, the Aotea Square box office is closed for renovations, but it will reopen again before the Festival!)
- The Civic, ASB Theatre and Aotea Centre Box Offices open 90 minutes before the start of the show. The Herald Theatre Box Office opens 1 hour before the start of the show.
- Bruce Mason Centre, cnr Hurstmere Rd & The Promenade, Takapuna. Open Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm & 2 hours before the start of the show.
- Tickets also available from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.
WELLINGTON BOX OFFICES:
- The Opera House, 111 - 113 Manners Street. Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm, Sat 10am - 6pm.
- Michael Fowler Centre, 111 Wakefield St. Box Office opens 2 hours prior to the first show.
- Tickets also available from TicketMaster outlets nationwide.
Please note: For performances at The Opera House, the listed ticket price will incur an additional $1.50 Performing Arts Foundation levy, which will be added on the TicketMaster page.
Q THEATRE TICKETING (Auckland only)
In Auckland Q THEATRE manages ticket sales for all their venues (Rangatira, Loft, Vault and Cellar).
PHONE: 09 309 9771
AUCKLAND BOX OFFICE:
- Q Theatre, 305 Queen Street. Box Office is open from 10am weekdays and at least 1 hour before performances every day. Box Office can get busy during performance times so we recommend that you book online during these times.
BATS THEATRE (Wellington only)
In Wellington BATS THEATRE manages ticket sales for all of their venues (The Random Stage, The Heyday Dome and The Studio).
PHONE: 04 802 4175
WELLINGTON BOX OFFICE
- BATS Theatre, 1 Kent Terrace. Open from 5pm on performance days (Tue - Sat).
THE CLASSIC (AUCKLAND ONLY)
The Classic manages tickets via the EventFinda platform.
PHONE: 09 373 4321 between 12pm - 4pm on weekdays (times are subject to vary seasonally).
AUCKLAND BOX OFFICE:
- The Classic, 321 Queen St. Open from 6pm until late on show nights.
Please note: some shows/venues sell tickets independently. Check individual show listings for booking information.
- If you'd like help choosing what to see, please call us at the Festival office on 09 309 9241 and we can help you!
- Ticket prices include GST.
- All sales are final and there are no refunds or exchanges, except as required by law.
- General Admission (GA) events do not have allocated seating, so choice of seats is based on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Some venues are licensed premises, and therefore age restrictions apply. These are strictly enforced. Licensed premises retain the right to refuse entry or to remove intoxicated persons.
- Some shows may contain adult themes and/or colourful language. If you are unsure, please contact the Comedy Festival office on 09 309 9241 or firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
- Consideration of performers and other audience members is paramount; latecomers may not be admitted to the venue; mobiles must be on silent; and intoxicated and/or disruptive audiences members may be asked to leave.
- Please don't heckle, as this is disruptive to the comedians and other audience members. Anyone who heckles may be asked to leave.
- The use of cameras and other recording devices may be prohibited.
- Refer to the individual ticketing agents for their respective terms and conditions.
For any other questions contact the NZ International Comedy Festival on 09 309 9241 or email@example.com
Don’t forget there are loads of fantastic pre- and post-show dining options available in the city. Check out our Dining Guide for some great suggestions.
Turn around your Hump Day slump...
Get 20% off the price of tickets to selected shows every Wednesday! There are limited numbers of discounted tickets, so check the show listing and book in advance to make sure you don’t miss out on this sweet deal. Some shows also offer early week discounted rates - refer to individual show listings.
Most shows offer great concession rates for students and senior citizens (65+). Don’t forget your ID when booking in person or picking up tickets. Please don’t be offended if the concession is denied without the appropriate ID.
Keen to save some cash for you and your friends? Most shows offer a discount for groups, and buying in bulk means you save on both ticketing prices AND fees! Check individual programme listings, as group numbers vary depending on the show. Call the ticketing provider if you have an extra large group. If you're organising a social or corporate group, call us at the Comedy Fest office on 09 309 9241 and we can make some recommendations.