Plans for a Level 2 Fest
We've planned ahead so we can roll out the Fest safely in Level 2 if necessary, with only a few of the large-scale events needing to postpone at that level. So keep scanning, hand washing and doing the mahi!
First and Second Release Tickets
Get in quick and grab your tickets in the first release on sale now! With a first release ticket, you'll be able to attend the show even in Level 2. Our venue seating will be physically distanced, and we’ll be following the latest Government Guidelines to keep everyone safe.
When first release tickets sell out for a show session, you can join the waitlist on the show page on the Comedy Fest website and we’ll send you an email notification when second release tickets go live - the week before show date. Second release tickets will be all good for Level 1.
If there are any changes to your event’s date, you can either attend on the new date or receive a refund. Easy as.
Covid 19 Ticketing Terms and Conditions
- Please do not attend a Comedy Festival performance if the following applies to you or any members of your group:
- You have COVID-19 or are awaiting the results from a COVID-19 test
- You are currently subject to a 14-day isolation period
- You are feeling unwell with symptoms associated with COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/running nose, loss of sense of smell and/or taste)
- You have come into close contact with any known or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- Covid-19 has had a big financial impact on artists. If you are unable to attend a performance for any of the reasons outlined in clause 1, we encourage you to pass on your tickets to a friend or family member, only if you are able to. Otherwise, please contact your ticketing agent before the performance and Comedy Festival will authorise a refund for you.
- The Festival will not be able to authorise a refund if a request is made during or after a performance has already taken place. Please request a refund as soon as you know you will not be able to attend the performance, so the ticketing agent has the chance to return your seat to sale for another patron - at minimum, no later than 3pm on the day of the performance.
- In the event Comedy Festival needs to cancel a performance due to COVID-19, you will be entitled to a refund.
- In the event Comedy Festival needs to postpone a performance due to COVID-19, you can exchange to a new performance date. If you are unable to make the new performance date, you will be entitled to a refund.
- You agree that we may have to share your personal data with the Ministry of Health for the purposes of contract tracing.
- The primary ticket purchaser is responsible for knowing the contact details of all attendees in their group (including their full name, contact email and contact phone number). In the event the primary ticket purchaser is contacted directly by the Ministry of Health for the purposes of contact tracing, they must make these details available to the Ministry of Health for that purpose.
- By entering the venue, you agree to comply with all COVID-19 related instructions displayed at your performance venue at the time. Failure to do so may mean you will be removed from the venue and your tickets will not be refunded.
- Comedy Festival tickets are sold through a variety of official ticketing partners. At all times, the ticket agents’ individual terms and conditions of sale apply. To read your ticket agent’s policies around covid-19, exchanges, and refunds please check their websites directly.
- All of our official ticketing agents are listed on our website. Please do not purchase from unauthorised resellers such as Viagogo, as these are not valid tickets and you will not be admitted to the event, or be guaranteed a refund in the event of a postponement or cancellation.
To get in touch regarding exchanges or to apply for a refund due to COVID-19, you need to contact your point of purchase directly.
For general Ticketing Info, you can also check out our Buy Tickets section of the Your Visit page.