7 Oct 2022
Artist Career Toolkit Initiative
The New Zealand Comedy Trust have been consulting with comedians from across the industry, and we’ve listened. We’ve heard how useful career-building tools (professionally filmed clips, headshots, etc) are to further establish yourself as a comedian on the circuit, and open you up to other paid opportunities. That’s why we’ve created the Artist Career Toolkit Initiative for up-and-coming artists who are working to develop their comedic voice into a career.
The goal of the Artist Career Toolkit Initiative is to provide you with the resources to build your audiences, enhance your online presence, give you greater understanding of the industry, and pursue a range of comedy-related career opportunities. The opportunity will be given to up to 30 comics throughout Aotearoa/New Zealand, and filmed in Tāmaki Makaurau/Auckland and Pōneke/Wellington (successful candidates not based in recording cities will receive a contribution to travel costs). Valued at approximately $3000 per participant, the programme is funded by the New Zealand Comedy Trust to provide the following career-building tools:
1. A high-quality, professionally filmed performance clip - recorded as part of a Trust-produced live comedy showcase
2. Professional headshots and live performance photography that can be used for publicity, social media or bios
3. A one-on-one career development and branding session with the Trust
4. A review of your bio and/or website
5. An online group workshop: Digital Best Practice For Comedians
Wellington filming: Thursday 17 November 2022
Auckland filming: Wednesday 24 November 2022
The Trust team are excited to present this programme and are now calling for Expressions of Interest!